Last updated: 23 August 2021
By using our website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What information we collect
We currently collect and process the following personal information to fulfil your order, correspond with you and for our operational business:
- Your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, payment or bank details for your order
- Details of your transactions, including purchases and refunds
- Email address for stock notifications
- Email and postal address for marketing you have consented to
- Email address for abandoned baskets
- Written information you send to us via email or through our online contact form
- IP address(es), device and browser information, and any cookies and similar technologies you have opted in to or are that are essential to use our website as well as looking at how our customers use our site when they visit us
- Passwords for any accounts that you create with us
How we collect and use your personal information
We ask you for this information so that we can make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible, and to offer you benefits of having an account with us or receiving marketing communications, if you choose to.
We use the information that you have given us to:
- Process and fulfil your order(s), including delivery, payment and returns
- Communicate order, delivery and return updates to you
- Respond to enquiries or complaints
- Send special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these at any time by contacting email@example.com
- Manage your account if you create one
- Notify you when stock becomes available on our website
- Conduct statistical analysis to continuously improve our website and the products and services we offer
- Email you regarding items left in your basket on our website
- Assist in the detection and prevention of fraud, maintain health & safety and financial records, and resolve complaints
We may also share your information with our courier partner, to ensure you are able to receive our products.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
All personal data is kept on secure networks within the UK.
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or the required retention time under other legislation. This reduces the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant and maintains our commitment to the safety of your privacy and personal data. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years from the time of your last order with Shinjuku Lanes as required by existing financial legislation.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested:
- We may not be able to fulfil your order(s) or perform other aspects of any contract you have entered into with us
- We may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations
- You may not be able to participate in the interactive aspects of our site
When you contact Oliver Bonas by email we store your emails and our replies from the last correspondence thread for 2 years. If they relate to a financial transaction such as an online order or purchase in-store, they may be held for 7 years. This includes sensitive information that you choose to share with us by email – we recommend you do not share this type of information with us.
Social media comments and content that you place on Shinjuku Lanes pages remain under your control and you can remove these at any time.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications by contacting us via email@example.com, when you create an account or during the online checkout process. Simply tick the opt-in box.
If you have an online account you can choose your preferences for how you would like to hear from us as well as opt-in/opt-out.
All Shinjuku Lanes customers have the choice to change preferences or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing emails or basket reminders from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any email communications or log into your account to change your communication preferences.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request and we will respond to you within a month.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, you can reach out to us at email@example.com.
You can also visit www.ico.org.uk for more information about your data privacy, contact them on 0303 123 1113 or write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.